Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Virus saga - The sly intruder

New Post!

I have been having trouble with my computer and I finally realised with great horror, it was a virus attack. This the first time and the last time that I will ever leave my computer without a password. I learnt the hard way what my friends are capable of especially after 'I' started the 'VBScript' wars. Here is my story:

Patrick is a nice and wild everyday dude who I strangely became friends with. He is also a prankster and keeps turning my computer off and hiding the battery. So, I planned my moves and inserted a HARMLESS trojan that shuts down your computer and sent to him as a warning, this was the beginning of the 'Scripts' war currently in the VBScript saga (LOL!).

So, I kept winning him with my skills as a 'Script Kiddie' and it was all legal because I wasn't breaking into his computer and all that trash. So, Patrick (being a natural prankster) planned his moves and waited like a snake stalking its prey and the one moment I was not on my computer he downloaded 2 VBScripts (according to him because I haven't found the second!) into my computer and played cool because it was the weekend and he knew I watched movies every Thursday.

Well tell you this, it took me a total of 12 hours to figure it out and fix my computer. 2 hours with trial and error to log on to my computer, 6 hours to scan computer with anti-virus engines while deleting recent files and changes and 4 hours to laugh off and delete the Script.
It was sunday and the school bus pulled up, I walked in pissed and he was laughing and asked if I liked the virus he put in my system and I said "This is not the last dance, I will get you yet!" he laughed and said "Whatever!"

THAT'S THE STORY, now the lesson is simple "DO NOT TRUST ANYONE WITH YOUR COMPUTER OR YOU MIGHT HAVE A SIMILAR STORY TO TELL!" Password your computer, get anti-virus and get experience online to better protect yourself.

Well, I promise this, I will get him yet (Evil laugh)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice story hope you're having fun in kuwait

vik

Unknown said...

Thx Dude! Hope ur hvin fun 2 in India!

Followers